What is COCA up to?
May 2017 Meeting Minutes – click here
COCA values transparency and keeping you informed. We publish our meeting minutes so you can learn more about how we serve counselors in our region.
|Your COCA OCA membership benefits at work! OCA President Martha Flemming, M.A., LPCC-S, LICDC has provided the following update from OCA:
| 1) We had an excellent All Ohio Counselors Conference in November, one of the most successful to date, with over 1600 attendees. Look for a new space next year and even more options for learning and connecting!
2) Martha attended both the Midwest Regional conference in Minneapolis and the American Counseling Association Conference in San Francisco to speak on our behalf as part of the national organization
3) OCA received a Best Innovative Practice Award from the American Counseling Association for work with the Leadership Advocacy Day.
4) OCA successfully advocated as an organization at the end of 2016 to fight a move to eliminate the CSWMFT Board and to consolidate it with other behavioral health boards. OCA is continuing to advocate on a State level for leaving the Board intact, and will provide members with updates and calls to action as they become necessary.
5) Under the leadership of our Executive Director and leaders on the Board, there is a new website in place and easier access to events being held across the State by chapters and divisions. If you haven’t checked it out, please do so at www.ohiocounseling.org.
6) OCA is gearing up for the Leadership Advocacy Day on April 26th.
7) New leadership is getting ready to step into their roles in the next several months.
8) OCA has entered into a mentoring role with another state’s counselor association and have helped that group to become more active and powerful through shared perspective and tools for growth.
Here is a link to view the full newsletter.
COCA Executive Council elections will be held in April. Before we can begin filling positions for the 2017-2018 year, however, we are happy to announce the appointment of Krista Pedragovich, Ed.S, LPCC-S to the previously vacant position of President-Elect for the remainder of the 2016-2017 year. Regarding her new role, Krista states, “Central Ohio has the potential to be an area where counselors thrive, and this requires thoughtful leadership and clearly articulated goals. I would like to continue the progress that has been made under the past two presidents, and introduce new initiatives to further grow and strengthen the organization.” The EC is excited to welcome Krista to this leadership role. We also encourage all COCA members to watch for more information regarding EC elections in the
Here is a link to our full March 2017 Newsletter.